Thursday, July 19, 2012

Good Samaritans


Yesterday before the race, Graeme relayed a story that could have ended much worse. A couple hours before the race they went to put on the steering wheel but, lo and behold, the nut was stripped. They ran up to West Marine to get another. No luck. The cashier, knowing their start time was looming, grabbed his car keys and drove them to two different hardware stores before they found the right nut. Phew! A huge thanks to John Foster at Alameda West Marine for helping Kotuku get off the dock!

I received a sweet text from Graeme last night since they still have cell service: "Can't talk about tracker but I can say I love you Big girl, medium girl and small girl. Big Thanks to Tom and Marie too!"

I think Talia is his big girl; I'll take medium thankyouverymuch. ;) My folks, Tom and Marie, have been watching the girls--a huge help.

Also got these awesome photos from Eli.
Emily, Matt, Eli, Alex, Graeme...and the Golden Gate
Matt, Nick, Emily, Alex
Alex and Graeme
Go, Kotuku. Go, go, Kotuku!
-Janna

No comments:

Post a Comment