Monday, July 23, 2012

A note from Eli

To Blog, From Eli:  Have had another wonderful day out here with what I'm told are more typical conditions.   More wind is the highlight and we've been in a friendly drag race with Lightspeed for most of the day.  We had our first squid on deck this morning, a little guy who was quickly repatriated he or she got too ripe.  We also had flying fish, which actually fly better than I remember.   I've been enjoying learning to drive the boat better, especially under enough breeze to make her power through the lumpy waves we've been having.   Lighter winds are more of a challenge and feel like I'm weaving and bobbling around madly.   No fish caught today but we keep trying after the triumph of our Bonito Poke yesterday.  Tomorrow we expect to reach the half way point around mid day and there's talk of some kind of special meal.   I've also decided it might be a good occasion to bathe, and I think a few others may join suit.   The danger is that we'll be reacquainted with what it is to be clean and have to endure the transition phase to grimy again.  We continue to eat like kings.    Today's Happy Hour was smoked oysters and cheese on crackers, and dinner was a pretty durn good veggie chili.  

2 comments:

  1. And here I'd hoped you'd save the bathing til the end. Real pirates have green teeth so hopefully you aren't brushing my dear...
    Keep yer eye on de prize me hearty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your this post while searching for some related information on blog search...Its a good post..keep posting and update the information. first manufacturing

    ReplyDelete