Friday, July 27, 2012

Day 10 Evening from Al

Too peaceful, we need miles.  Winds most of the day were around 10 knots, hot and sticky as we traversed a little wrinkle in the trades that some in the fleet were speculating was the result of an upper level low.  We hope we haven't bled too many miles to the competition.  Still appears like a Sunday finish for team Kotuku.  Saw some more white tailed tropic birds and our first blue faced boobies.  Lots of all size flying fish, including one that flew through the foretriangle up and over the bow last night for the sharks entertainment.  They also a bright white flash that was reported by several of the boats at children's hour today.  Speculation ran from lightning, to exploding meteor and on to government testing.  No thunder heard, light was bright white not yellow that some likened to a camera flash although it would have to be some camera.  There is now a sign on the companionway that started as 2 days, 7 people , 100% focused.  It didn't take long for it to be messed with and now reads 2 days, 1 pickle, 7 people, 100% focused.  So the yodeling pickle (who has previously made the crossing to hawaii by sailboat) from the halfway party is no on the job.  Mr T is temporarily on the sidelines with battery issues, Sucka.  Here's hoping tonight is kind to us, Al.
Um. Al. I think that's blue FOOTED booby.
As our 3-year-old Savai would say, "It's toe-kuku!"
So, folks. Janna here again, and I believe this will be my last act of post support from Seattle. I'm packing for Hawaii! We fly out early tomorrow. I hope to post their Day 11 morning update from my layover in California, but who knows. With the time difference, they've been sending 'em later, so maybe I won't be able to post till I'm in the land of luaus. Too bad the tracker isn't more [insert your own expletive + adjective here]. (Not that I'm complaining. No. No.)

Also, I just wanted to say that I read and re-read these updates from Al. And I don't understand half the references either. I think that's why I find them so delightful.

Off to Hawaii! Keep on trackin'!
-Janna

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Al...love your commentary! Take care and have a safe night. Love to Nick. Wish I could be in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its to cool thanks for all the posts give Alex hugs when you see him. Tell him his aunt thinks she would like to be like him when she grows up. Safe travels

    ReplyDelete